Re: Application Design like 3D-Studio MAX ?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Chris Theis, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Chris Theis

    Chris Theis Guest

    "Howie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > i want to programm an application like 3D-Studio with keypoints like:
    >
    > - changeable graphic-kernel OPENGL, DirectX with multiviews
    > - plugin-technology for object creation and modifier
    > - plugin for exports
    > - space warps
    > - animation
    >

    > There certanly must be a basic 3d-object class with methods and
    > attributs.
    > The 3d geometry is no problem at all.
    >
    > But there are a lot of questions left i.e.:
    >
    > How interact the 3d-objects together like an space-warp "wave" with an
    > spherical mesh ?

    I thought that 3d geometry is "no" problem at all? BTW this is the wrong
    newsgroup to ask questions like this. I'd recommend to take a look at
    comp.graphics.algorithms

    > How to handle global data or defines ?

    Get a little more specific.

    > How to handle plugins with inhertiance classes with overloads virtual
    > functions etc. ?
    >
    > How to build the structure of classes with links between classes,
    > instances of classes ? Design Patterns ?
    >
    > Backpointer ?

    I guess that if you don't have any clue about the things you mention above
    it'll be a very long way to go! You should either get some information on
    the things above (Design patterns book by the Gang of Four for example, take
    a good look at C++ users journal and so on) and/or get a little more
    specific about the problems you're facing.

    Regards
    Chris

    Chris Theis, Aug 13, 2003

  2. Chris Theis

    oTTo Guest

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:05:16 +0200, Chris Theis
    <> wrote:

    > "Howie" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> i want to programm an application like 3D-Studio with keypoints like:
    >>
    >> - changeable graphic-kernel OPENGL, DirectX with multiviews
    >> - plugin-technology for object creation and modifier
    >> - plugin for exports
    >> - space warps
    >> - animation

    maybe you can join blender, an open source 3d application:
    www.blender.org

    oTTo, Aug 14, 2003