Re: Application needs to work in single and multiple webserver environment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    inproc sessions won't work on a webfarm.

    if you use sqlserver mode, you can schedule (thru sqlagent) a stored proc to
    run that deletes old sessions.

    bruce barker, Jul 7, 2003

  2. bruce barker

    sudha Guest

    Thanks bruce. But, Is creating a temporary xml file based
    on user session on the webserver in clustered web farm is
    a problem?

    sudha, Jul 7, 2003

  3. bruce barker

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    the xml file wont be accessible from all servers in the webfarm but if
    you will save the xml file for the first time on ant server on the farm
    it will be available for other request on the same machine.
    if you just want to save one copy of the temporary file you could do
    what other told you and keep it on state machine or SQL server.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114