Re: Application variable not persisting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Natty Gur, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Natty Gur

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    For some reason your application shutdown between the assignment and
    retrieval of the value to the session. I need to see some code in order
    to find the reason. The most common reasons for application restart are
    : changing, adding removing files from Bin directory or one of the
    condition in ProcessModel section (machine.config) come true.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Natty Gur

    max cordas Guest

    Thanks for the help!

    After more research I am finding that the Session State is NEVER
    persisting from page to page.

    In fact, the server is not attempting to set cookies, hence it is
    impossible to track sessions from page to page.

    Any ideas why the server would not set cookies?

    It is a new install with XP pro, .net 1.0

    cheers

    Max

    max cordas, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Natty Gur

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Maybe the browser don’t allow cookies ???

    Any way asp.Net can support session without cookies (you can set it in
    Web.Config). Instead of cookies the Session id embedded to the URL.

    Natty Gur, Jul 20, 2003