    have built in Ajax support, only through the System.Web.Extensions namespace
    which is available as an addition to standard ASP.Net 2.0 and is included in
    the 3.5 framework.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 19, 2008

  2. It could very well be because it's an Apache web server. ASP.Net is meant to
    run within IIS. Apache had a mod for running ASP.Net, but the links I had to
    it are dead. MS made a web server specifically for users of Windows XP Home
    edition, since it doesn't come with IIS, called Cassini. This was made
    freely available on the ASP.Net site. A newer version of it is within Visual
    Web Developer Express 2008 so you may want to give that a try. Apache isn't
    normally a host for ASP.Net, and the support may be spotty at best. Just to
    be sure, you did install the Ajax extensions for ASP.Net 2.0 and modify your
    web.config file with the appropriate additions. That probably won't help
    though because Apache's ASP.Net mod may, at best, only be able to use
    features built into the core .Net Framework 2.0.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 20, 2008

  3. Mark Fitzpatrick

    darrel Guest

    Re: Asp.net 2.0 / Apache 2.2.6 / Ajax

    > I have is getting Ajax to work. asp.net 2.0 seems to work real good with
    > apache 2.2.6.

    I've never heard of that. Are you using this?:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-aspdotnet

    -Darrel
    darrel, Jun 20, 2008