Re: ASP.NET 500 Internal Server Error

.NET Follower

hi,
probably ur aspnet service is not started
in m/c config file
there is username
which is machne by default ,
it should be set to system which give full administartive rights

also right click the ASPNET service >properties>the make it to local system
account radio button..
also make aspnet service automatic...

--
Thanks and Regards,

Amit Agarwal
Software Programmer(.NET)
Yaron said:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new ASP.NET Web Application in VS.NET 2003. I
configured ASP.NET correctly using aspnet_regiis -i, IIS is running
correctly, and I have the correct ASPNET account in user accounts. However,
when I try to create this new project, I get an error saying:
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
When I used aspnet_regiis -lv I get this:

1.1.4322.0 Valid (Root) C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll

I searched the newsgroups and noticed quite a few people have this
problem, but noone so far has given a solid answer or a fix to this. Can
anyone help me?

Paul Fox

Try c:\WINNT\Microsoft.Net\framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config

This might be named "Windows" if your running Windows Server 2003, also
"v1.1.4322" refers to the 1.1 version of the framework

Paul