Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hidulf, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Hidulf

    Hidulf Guest

    I got the same problem after SP4, seems the SP4 got some update on the
    IIS and some file have been replaced, so the ASP.NET system file is
    removed from the web server.

    I try to reinstall the .net framework 1.1 again and it works for me.

    Hidulf, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Ah interesting. Maybe I will try reinstalling ASP.NET. Does anyone know the
    command to refresh the install of ASP.NET without completely uninstalling
    and then reinstalling the .NET Framework?

    Thanks,
    Michael

    "Hidulf" <> wrote in message
    > I got the same problem after SP4, seems the SP4 got some update on the
    > IIS and some file have been replaced, so the ASP.NET system file is
    > removed from the web server.
    >
    > I try to reinstall the .net framework 1.1 again and it works for me.
    >
    > Michael Kennedy [UB] wrote:
    > > Hi Everyone,
    > >
    > > Last night we installed SP4 on our Windows 2000 Advanced Server which

    was
    > > are using as an ASP.NET web server (.NET 1.1). This morning we found out
    > > that our ASP.NET applications that use impersonation. That is from the
    > > web.config:
    > >
    > > <identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\USER" password="PASSWORD"

    />

    Michael Kennedy [UB], Jun 30, 2003