Re: ASP.NET not set up properly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carl Prothman [MVP], Aug 12, 2003.

  1. BHale,
    Make sure to run the aspnet_regiis.exe in the correct directory
    e.g.
    Open up the Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt
    Then type in the following:
    CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
    Aspnet_regiis -i

    --

    Thanks,
    Carl Prothman

    Carl Prothman [MVP], Aug 12, 2003

  2. Carl Prothman [MVP]

    BHale Guest

    Carl,

    I verified that it was the correct directory (just exactly
    as you wrote except "winnt" instead of "windows") and it
    still doesn't work.
    This is frustrating!!
    Thank you for your input, though.

    Brent

    BHale, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Hi Brent,

    What a pain! Are you sure that IIS is functioning on the machine? Can you
    browse to http://localhost and get anything at all? What does running iisreset
    from the VS.NET command prompt produce?

    Don't forget that VS.NET comes with telephone support from Microsoft. If you
    can't get going, you might want to end aggravation and make a call.

    Ken

    --
    Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 12, 2003
  4. Carl Prothman [MVP]

    bhale Guest

    Ken, Carl,

    Thank you both for your suggestions. I have now resolved
    the issue by removing and reinstalling IIS. (I must have
    messed with the settings too much upon first install. I am
    my own worst enemy sometimes) Anyway, I appreciate your
    help.

    Brent.

    bhale, Aug 12, 2003