RE: ASP.NET password expired... again

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    The ASPNET account is configured so that the password never expires.
    However, if you have a domain policy that changes that, you will need to
    contact your network administrators and have them change the policy so that
    the password won't expire.

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    ASP.NET
    Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?= <>
    >Subject: ASP.NET password expired... again
    >Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:21:05 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >How do I stop this from happening!! ? It's becoming rather frustrating to

    have the password expire every 6 weeks, and having to reinstall asp.net to
    get it working again.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Mar 2, 2004

  2. Thanks Jim, but I'm not on the domain here at work, and I am the network admin of the domain anyway. I'm also aware of the issues of running asp.net on the domain controllers, and I have it working on 2k server and 2k3 server

    The problem is my ASPNET account on my local WinXP pro (SP1+) box is set to not expire, but it keeps expiring ever since I installed .NET 1.

    My usual fix is to run the batch file that fixed the issue for .net 1.0, which stops the web server, deletes the aspnet account and creates a new one. Within 5 mins I can have it all running again, but it's just becoming annoying. By default that doesn't get set to never expire, but I set it manually and it still expires. I figure there must be a solution to it that I am either not seeing, or don't know of

    =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=, Mar 3, 2004

  3. How are you determining that the account is expiring? What are the
    symptoms of your problem?

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    ASP.NET
    Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?= <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: ASP.NET password expired... again
    >Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:01:10 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >Thanks Jim, but I'm not on the domain here at work, and I am the network

    admin of the domain anyway. I'm also aware of the issues of running asp.net
    on the domain controllers, and I have it working on 2k server and 2k3
    server.

    The problem is my ASPNET account on my local WinXP pro (SP1+) box is set to
    not expire, but it keeps expiring ever since I installed .NET 1.1

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Mar 3, 2004