Re: ASP.NET Performance Counters are all zero ... ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Michael Carr, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Michael Carr

    Michael Carr Guest

    The W3WP service is running under NETWORK SERVICE and the IIS_WPG group
    contains the following:

    Administrator
    IWAM_ ...
    LOCAL SERVICE
    NETWORK SERVICE
    SYSTEM

    I tried changing the W3WP service temporarily to LOCAL SERVICE, SYSTEM, and
    Administrator but those didn't work either ...

    Another hint : When I select "ASP.NET Apps 1.1.4322" there are no actual
    ASP.NET apps listed in the instances box... only "_Total_"

    Any other ideas? I believe I have a fairly vanilla installation of Server
    2003 ... not sure what could be causing this problem.

    Michael Carr

    "John Soulis [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Michael,
    > One of the reasons for this is that the account the W3WP process is

    running
    > under does not have suffient rights.
    > Add the account that the W3WP process is running under to the IIS_WPG

    group.
    > Please let me know if this helps.
    > Thank you,
    > John Soulis
    > Microsoft, ASP.NET
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no

    rights.

    Michael Carr, Jan 9, 2004