Re: ASP .NET, Thread Pool, machine.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Scott Allen, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. Scott Allen

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Fek:

    You should read the following support document. Particularly the
    maxconnection setting as you'll need to bump this up even under the
    lightest load.

    PRB: Contention, poor performance, and deadlocks when you make Web
    service requests from ASP.NET applications
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821268

    Generally speaking, you need to do some testing before and after
    tweaking these runtime settings. Don't go in presupposing that you
    need to do it - but test and measure. Having too many threads can be
    just as much of a bottleneck as too few. Test and measure, test and
    measure :)

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Scott Allen

    bruce barker Guest

    besides bumping the asp.net thread pool, you will need to bump the number of
    iis threads, and bump the max connections. IIS will not go much above 200
    conncurrent conections.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 9, 2004

  3. thx for reply,

    are you sure about "200 concurrent conections"? It's not a lot!

    Fek

    =?Utf-8?B?RmVr?=, Sep 10, 2004