Re: ASP.NET / VBScript

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Baker, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Jim Baker

    Jim Baker Guest

    Actually, I had modified the header to include some VBScript and at the top
    of the header it now has:

    <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%>

    I am completely clueless on classic ASP, so I don't know if this is running
    actual ASP VB or just VBScript or what the difference(s) would be. It's
    someone elses code that basically reads from an access database and writes
    out some HTML based on that. Any ideas on how I can get around it?

    Thanks,
    James

    "M" <> wrote in message
    > Your include file has an <@ tag in it. You cannot have nested <@ tags.
    > You should remove it from your include file(s).
    >
    > Jim Baker wrote:
    >
    > > I have the following setup.
    > >
    > > 1.) A traditional ASP.NET project that has an "include" of files that

    have
    > > *.asp extensions. Essentially I have the lines (with the missing !

    added):

    > > <--#include file="header.asp" -->
    > > <--#include file="footer.asp" -->
    > >
    > > 2.) Everythings works fine relative to those. However, I need to have

    some
    > > VBScript in my header.asp file which is already heavily laden with
    > > JavaScript. I also modified the header to include another *.asp page.

    So I
    > > have (modified so that it'll paste here):
    > >
    > > <@LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT>
    > > <--#include file="../Connections/CW_conn1.asp" -->
    > > <%
    > > set Scroller_Specials = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    > > Scroller_Specials.ActiveConnection = MM_CW_conn1_STRING
    > > Scroller_Specials.Source = "SELECT * FROM Tbl_Inventory WHERE Special

    = 1"

    Jim Baker, Oct 14, 2003