Re: ASPNET Performance Problem : Pentium 3 is better than Pentium 4

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 13, 2004.

  1. I'm unconvinced of these results. Please explain your test cases, control
    cases and testing methodology.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 13, 2004

  2. Alvin Bruney [MVP]

    arkam Guest

    I am very surprised too !!!

    I used the testcases and methodology of :
    http://www.ingorammer.com/Articles/REMOTINGVS.ASP.NETWEBSERV.html

    But I tested with my own program.

    I can see some possibilities :
    - IIS / ASPNET configuration (but I could not find any difference)
    - Different Service Pack / patch level (which makes my Desktop/Server slower)
    - Security / Authentication

    But I do not know how to narrow down the source of the problem !

    Arkam

    arkam, Apr 14, 2004