RE: aspnet_iis -c copy client scripts fails no administrative rights

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZHZlbnRpbWk=?=, May 25, 2004.

  1. The problem was ownership and permissions on the aspnet_client directory under $IIS_HOME/wwwroot. Though I was logged in as an administrator, the $IIS_HOME/wwwroot directory was not owned or writeable by me. When aspnet_regiis -c fails to copy files because of this, it dissappointingly supplies a uselessly vague and practically incorrect error message. My solution was to take ownershiP of $IIS_HOME/wwwroot and its subdirs, make them writeable, then re-run the script. Your results might vary

    Just an FYI for others who run into this problem (I know there are others because I've seen them in Google)

    Regards
    D.V

    ----- dventimi wrote: ----

    Hello

    When I try to copy the ASP.NET client side script files to the aspnet_client subdir of each IIS site using this comman

    aspnet_regiis -

    on a Windows 2000 Professional machine w/ .NET Framework 1.1 installed, logged on with a local Administrator account, I always get this erro

    An error has occurred (0x80070005)
    You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this tool

    Again, I am logged into the machine under an account that is in the local "Administrators" group. I even ran the same command while logged in under the actual local "Administrator" username, yet still got the same error

    I ran the command successfully on other similarly configured machines

    What's going on

    Thanks
    David A. Ventimigli
    Wells Fargo Bank, Inc.