RE: aspnet_wp.exe con not be started

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Sharif,

    When you changed the processModel to SYSTEM, did you enter it in all caps?
    If SYSTEM doesn't work, I think the first step is going to be to run
    aspnet_regiis -i and make sure that ASP.NET is correctly registered in IIS.

    Is this Windows 2000? 2003?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmlm?= <>
    >Subject: aspnet_wp.exe con not be started
    >Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:27:08 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >hi all,
    >I had installed .Net Framework1.1 and I was working fine until we

    installed
    >some security batches. The security batches are 18-25. I get an Error

    Server
    >Application Unavailable Even if I request ASPX page that not exists on the
    >web server. I check the application log and I found error message
    >aspnet_wp.exe can not be started. I went to machine.config and change the
    >user name from machine to system but it didn’t help. We gave aspnet user
    >system admin access to test it but still not working. Can anyone point me
    >what may cause this problem and how it can be fixed? I will be thankful

    for

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Aug 17, 2004

  2. You have to either run that from a VS.NET command line or switch into the
    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322 folder.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support

    >From: =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmlm?= <>