Re: aspnet_wp.exe could not be started

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Girish Bharadwaj, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Well, Check any changes that might have happened to ASPNET user account. If
    you have changed the user under which aspnet_wp.exe is running in, then that
    might have been changed.

    I am not sure about the exact perms, but you should be able to set ASPNET as
    ("users") and it should have inherited the usual suspect cred.

    --
    Girish Bharadwaj
    http://msmvps.com/gbvb
    "timothyblake" <> wrote in message
    > Having trouble starting the asp.net on local development machine windows

    2000
    > professional machine.
    >
    > I get a 500 error when trying to pull up the localhost/asp.net

    applications,
    > but there is no problem pulling up the localhost/static web site.
    >
    > In the system error log is the following message:
    > The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times

    on
    > transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{7AAA09D6-1EA9-44FA-9F73-2D65478608A1}. The
    > backup browser is stopping.
    >
    > In the application error log is the fillowing message:
    > aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    > 80070003. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    > insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that

    the
    > .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the

    installation

    Girish Bharadwaj, Sep 13, 2004