RE: aspnet_wp,exe

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Cheshire, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Jim Cheshire

    Jim Cheshire Guest

    Coder Coder,

    I wouldn't rely on Task Manager to give you a good representation of memory
    usage. You will have much better information if you set up some Perfmon
    counters.

    It is normal for the worker process to use a fair amount of memory. As
    memory is needed the garbage collector will take care of it for you. You
    have little control on when an object is GCd.

    Hope that helps.

    Jim Cheshire
    Developer Support
    ASP.NET