Re: auto-refresh problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Denis McMahon, May 6, 2014.

  1. On Mon, 05 May 2014 23:42:36 -0700, Brad McMillan wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me if there is a way to refresh just a small part of the
    > page? Or, another solution would be if there is a way to do a refresh
    > without having the page go blank.

    There are methods to just display the new data, yes. They usually involve
    scripting on both the client and the server, typically the web page will
    incorporate javascript code to make in your case a periodic ajax request
    to a specific script on the server for the updated data, and then insert
    the updated data into the web page.

    There are plenty of explanations and example code out there.

    --
    Denis McMahon,

    Denis McMahon, May 6, 2014

  2. On Tue, 6 May 2014 12:30:50 +0000 (UTC), Denis McMahon wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 May 2014 23:42:36 -0700, Brad McMillan wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to refresh just a small part of the
    >> page? Or, another solution would be if there is a way to do a refresh
    >> without having the page go blank.

    > There are methods to just display the new data, yes. They usually involve
    > scripting on both the client and the server, typically the web page will
    > incorporate javascript code to make in your case a periodic ajax request
    > to a specific script on the server for the updated data, and then insert
    > the updated data into the web page.
    >
    > There are plenty of explanations and example code out there.

    To eliminate scripting, you could frame the "small part of the page"
    and refresh _that_ .

    Jonesy

    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux