Re: AVI/MPG Creation for Web Pages

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Whitecrest, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Given the strong Web interest in avi and mpg files, I would like to
    > add some multimedia files to my websites. I do not know what software
    > or hardware is needed.
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction, eg URL, forum?

    If you just want to play them then there is no special hardware, they
    are just files for the user to download. If you want to embed them into
    your page you need to choose a player(s) and encoder(s)(all free). If
    you want to do what they did at the Beatles site (oh my gawd they used
    flash) you have to use flash and import the video into the flash. and
    if you are going to have high bandwidth, then you will want to look into
    a media server (not free) so you can have control over your video and
    streaming.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Whitecrest

    Paul Goodwin Guest

    "trevor oakley" <> wrote in message
    > I am hosting at Hostway.com, and they offer real time video at a small

    cost.
    > I expect to show only clips, not full movies. I want to embed clips into

    my
    > pages, but not with Flash, but just in HTML like at the Bonnie Tyler

    site -
    > http://www.bonnietyler.dk/video.asp
    >
    > Recently, I have seen a lot of video, so it appears to be an awakening
    > trend.
    >
    > If you have any URL's for the encoders and any tutorial sites, that would

    be
    > good. I saw someone say that Ulead Mediastudio should be used.

    If you want to make your own clips you'll need a capture card & some good
    software. I recommend Pinnacle 8--
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=577&Langue_ID=7

    I've had nothing but good fortune with it, very easy to use & produces
    excellent results, and fast, as well as being able to make clips in multiple
    formats, streaming video included.
    Stay away from any of the VideoWave programs though, they're buggy junk.

    --

    Paul

    Paul Goodwin, Jun 28, 2003