Re: avoid the redefinition of a function

Discussion in 'Python' started by D'Arcy Cain, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. D'Arcy Cain

    D'Arcy Cain Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:56:46 +0200
    Jabba Laci <> wrote:
    > (5) install mc
    >
    > You can type just "5" as user input and step_5() is called
    > automatically. If I use descriptive names like install_java() then
    > selecting a menu point would be more difficult. And I don't want users
    > to type "java", I want to stick to simple numbers.

    Your users shouldn't be working this out in any case. Consider,
    computer time is cheap. Programmer time is not cheap but it is short
    lived. User time is forever. Don't be lazy. Parse the input and
    prepare to present proper error messages just in case your users are
    not perfect.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves
    IM:
    D'Arcy Cain, Sep 12, 2012