Re: avoid the redefinition of a function

Discussion in 'Python' started by D'Arcy Cain, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. D'Arcy Cain

    D'Arcy Cain Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:37:11 -0400
    Terry Reedy <> wrote:
    > assures one that the test is being run. (I don't always test first, but
    > I once discovered a test not being run when I modified it in a way that
    > should have made it fail, but it didn't.)

    1. Write the test
    2. Run the test - make sure it fails
    3. write code until test passes
    4. Stop writing code

    People underestimate the importance of steps 2 and 4. Number 2 is
    important because a test that can't fail is worse than useless. Number
    4 is important because it prevents code that doesn't have a
    corresponding test. If you feel the need to write more code then go
    back to step 1.

    And run all of your tests every day. You will sleep better at night.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves
    IM:
    D'Arcy Cain, Sep 12, 2012