Re: Avoiding double spacing before a blockquote

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Sid Ismail, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Sid Ismail

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:32:24 -0500, "Fred Camper"
    <> wrote:

    : I'm trying to do a title followed by an indented list, but I don't want
    : numbers or bullets, so I'm trying to use blockquote. But it always results
    : in a double spacing before the blockquoted text; I don't want a spacing,
    : just the list starting on the very next line. I've been reading about css
    : but can't find a formatting method that will do this. Is there any way? It
    : doesn't have to be with blockquote. I just want it to look like
    : Title
    : Item One
    : Item Two
    : etc.
    : But I don't want to use the code for spaces because some of the items will
    : be much longer than a single line in at some screen resolutions, and there
    : will be no way to preserve the indents.

    Blockquote gives you margins both left and right. The CSS way would be to
    define
    ..indent {margin-left:2em;}

    and then
    Title<br>