Re: Back button problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Spencer, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. The Back button in a browser is linked to the client-side history. Using
    Server.Transfer does nothing on the client. It transfers the current Request
    to another Handler.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
    but it takes a very long time,
    and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 1, 2006

  2. You probably missed the section where the questioner describes that the same
    senario works perfect when the gzip is disabled.

    You of couse right that Server.Transfer does nothing in the client side, but
    any way it happens as a travel to the server, and you should (and does when
    gzip is disable) get another entry in the history.

    it is right too that this entry will have the same page as the user
    requested and not the page he actually got, but still it should (and does...)
    give the option to go back to the previous page.

    So, please read the question again, and I'll too will be happy to get an
    answer to the question.

    =?Utf-8?B?WW9uYXRhbiBMZW9ub3Y=?=, Jan 2, 2006