Re: background image in a cell

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Oct 7, 2008.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/bgInCell.html>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 7, 2008

  2. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9B3191B82770Bammammatatiscalineti@194.177.97.96>,
    Ammammata <> wrote:

    > dorayme <> wrote in news:doraymeRidThis-
    > :
    >
    > > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/bgInCell.html>
    > >

    > well, this works but it applies on the whole table; I've another one with
    > more than one cell so I'll apply Ben C tip
    >
    > thankyou

    The tips are not that different. The background is on the cell, not the
    table. You can confine to a particular cell by either inline style on
    the cell or by classing the cell and having the bg styling in a separate
    style sheet or in a set of style instructions in the head. You might one
    day want the same bg in a few different cells... easier to class them
    than to style each, especially as you might find you need other styles
    to pertaining to this sort of thing...

    BTW, p in mine (that I recall) was not so relevant, I used it because
    you had one I think and also as a convenient way to prop the cell open
    to a set px dimension for the example only.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 8, 2008