    probably occurred due to an error in /temp/temp.jsp line 1:
    <%@ page import="abc.def.*" %>

    , May 26, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I appreciate your response, but the directory right above the
    > "cms/logic" directory is in the classpath.

    You apparently have not *read* my response, or at least not read and
    understood the post it directed you to in your other thread. You have
    not responded to the points therein.

    I cannot argue against your assertion that *a* classpath contains the
    parent directory of cms/, but either *the classpath relevant to the
    compilation* in question does not contain it, or the directory does not
    contain the relevant class. The previous response I directed you to
    described specifically how to structure the jar containing the class,
    and where to place it.

    > I assumed this is why the
    > call
    >
    > <%@ page import="cms.logic.*" %>
    >
    > compiles fine. Therefore, shouldn't .class files within the
    > "cms/logic" directory also be in the classpath (I have verified there
    > are no case sensitivity issues)? If I try and do an import with
    > totally bogus directories, I get the error
    >
    > /tmp/support/jsp_servlet/_temp/__temp.java:16: Package abc.def not
    > found in import.
    > probably occurred due to an error in /temp/temp.jsp line 1:
    > <%@ page import="abc.def.*" %>

    My best guess is that you have one or more appropriate directory
    structures somewhere in the webapp classpath (which is completely
    distinct from the user classpath) but that none of them contain the
    class. The directory that does contain the class is not among those in
    the webapp classpath.

    <idea>
    An alternative, supposing that the directories are correct and the class
    file is in the right place, might be that access control prevents the
    compiler from reading the class file. WebLogic's user context must have
    read access to the class file and to all the directories in the path to it.
    </idea>

    --
    John Bollinger

    John C. Bollinger, May 26, 2005