    -----Original Message-----
    From: python-list-bounces+bedouglas=
    [mailto:python-list-bounces+bedouglas=]On Behalf
    Of Paddy
    Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:09 AM
    Subject: Re: beautifulsoup .vs tidy

    bruce wrote:
    > hi...
    >
    > never used perl, but i have an issue trying to resolve some html that
    > appears to be "dirty/malformed" regarding the overall structure. in
    > researching validators, i came across the beautifulsoup app and wanted to
    > know if anybody could give me pros/cons of the app as it relates to any of
    > the other validation apps...

    I'm not too sure of what you are after. You mention tidy in the subject
    which made me think that maybe you were trying to generate well-formed
    HTML from malformed webppages that nonetheless browsers can interpret.
    If that is the case then try HTML tidy:
    http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

    - Pad.

    bruce, Jul 1, 2006