Re: Benefits of making static website with the help of HTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Brian Cryer, May 30, 2012.

  1. Brian Cryer

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Alan_Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Have a look on the benefits of the static website :

    If you mean by "static" that your site consists just of web pages that are
    not dynamically generated (so no SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc), as opposed to a
    website which does have generated pages (so using SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc)
    then:

    > It is seo friendly which will help to increase visibility in the search
    > engine

    No. Whether or not it is SEO friendly has nothing to do with whether or not
    your pages are static or dynamically generated. This is down to good design.

    > It will help to reduce the loading time of the site

    Yes, probably, but maybe not. For dynamically generated pages the first time
    the page is viewed it needs to be put together, but depending on the
    technologies used it may then be cached at the web-server which means that
    for subsequent page views it need not be any slower. But in most cases I'd
    agree that a site using static html pages should be faster to load than one
    which does not - however the difference in time may be minimal (YMMV).

    > Less time require for the developing

    This depends very much on the tools you are using and the skill of the
    person doing it. Depending on what is required I wouldn't say that a static
    site will be any quicker to develop than a non-static one. In some cases a
    non-static site (for example a CMS such as a WordPress) could be produced in
    significantly less time than a static one.

    > It is cheap in the development

    Again, this depends on which tools you use and who is doing it. WordPress is
    free, Visual Studio express editions are free, Notepad is free, but I've
    personally yet to find a good html editor which is free. Web
    designers/developers vary in price, but its reasonable to suppose that good
    ones don't come cheap.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, May 30, 2012

  2. Brian Cryer wrote:
    > "Alan_Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Have a look on the benefits of the static website :

    > If you mean by "static" that your site consists just of web pages that
    > are not dynamically generated (so no SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc), as opposed
    > to a website which does have generated pages (so using SSI, PHP, ASP.NET
    > etc) then:

    These little "pearls of wisdom" that we must be "bless" with here is
    nothing more than spam to increase poster's "(Ad revenue sharing)"

    I would not take the effort in responding.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 30, 2012

  3. Brian Cryer

    Brian Cryer Guest

    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >> "Alan_Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Have a look on the benefits of the static website :

    >> If you mean by "static" that your site consists just of web pages that
    >> are not dynamically generated (so no SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc), as opposed
    >> to a website which does have generated pages (so using SSI, PHP, ASP.NET
    >> etc) then:

    > These little "pearls of wisdom" that we must be "bless" with here is
    > nothing more than spam to increase poster's "(Ad revenue sharing)"
    >
    > I would not take the effort in responding.

    Good point.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, May 30, 2012
  4. Brian Cryer wrote:
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> These little "pearls of wisdom" that we must be "bless" with here is
    >> nothing more than spam to increase poster's "(Ad revenue sharing)"
    >>
    >> I would not take the effort in responding.

    > Good point.

    I understand that it can be hard to resist when presented with at time
    complete balderdash, but is does no good because

    1 it just draws attention to the OP's "(Ad revenue sharing)" link
    2 the OP has no intention of responding
    3 will not deter the OP from spamming again.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, May 30, 2012
  5. Brian Cryer

    dorayme Guest

    In article <jq5a6i$2fd$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    > > "Alan_Smith" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Have a look on the benefits of the static website :

    > > If you mean by "static" that your site consists just of web pages that
    > > are not dynamically generated (so no SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc), as opposed
    > > to a website which does have generated pages (so using SSI, PHP, ASP.NET
    > > etc) then:

    > These little "pearls of wisdom" that we must be "bless" with here is
    > nothing more than spam to increase poster's "(Ad revenue sharing)"
    >
    > I would not take the effort in responding.

    You implying your response effortless?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 30, 2012
  6. dorayme wrote:
    > In article<jq5a6i$2fd$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little"<> wrote:
    >
    >> Brian Cryer wrote:
    >>> "Alan_Smith"<> wrote in message

    >>> If you mean by "static" that your site consists just of web pages that
    >>> are not dynamically generated (so no SSI, PHP, ASP.NET etc), as opposed
    >>> to a website which does have generated pages (so using SSI, PHP, ASP.NET
    >>> etc) then:

    >> These little "pearls of wisdom" that we must be "bless" with here is
    >> nothing more than spam to increase poster's "(Ad revenue sharing)"
    >>
    >> I would not take the effort in responding.

    > You implying your response effortless?

    I am responding to Brian (and you) requiring some effort, but I would
    not waste the resource on the OP...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, May 30, 2012
  7. Brian Cryer

    dorayme Guest

    In article <jq678s$3l5$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > > You implying your response [was] effortless?
    > >

    > I am responding to Brian (and you)[, it] requiring some effort, but I would
    > not waste the resource on the OP...

    Ah, I see you are still as sharp as a tack, Jonathan! Just testing. <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 31, 2012
  8. dorayme wrote:
    > In article<jq678s$3l5$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little"<> wrote:
    >
    >>> You implying your response [was] effortless?
    >>>

    >> I am responding to Brian (and you)[, it] requiring some effort, but I would
    >> not waste the resource on the OP...

    > Ah, I see you are still as sharp as a tack, Jonathan! Just testing.<g>

    Just as long as I am not under a thumb ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, May 31, 2012