    codes. It is cheaper! Experienced programmers always in favor of this (for
    large projects).

    John
    WJ, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Good notation.

    Translating old code lines one by one nearly always produce bad programming
    style, and for codes that had used tricks that you don't know is necessary
    often cause errors that is hard to figure out.

    Another option, if not all the required resources(time, etc.) can be made
    avaliable, is to keep the program code intact and only change all the
    filenames from asp to aspx(note that you may also find global replace of
    ".asp" to ".aspx" helpful). This is also guaranteed to work, only than this
    would not be a real ASP.NET application. And be sure to consult your boss
    before doing this or you're risking your career.

    "WJ" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > Do a study 1st. Present the picture with $ to the bosses and let them sign
    > the bill. Make sure keep everything in writting and as simple as possible.
    > Force the top boss to stay behimd 100% for support just in case....
    >
    > I can see the DB design is a big item but at least the data is already
    > collected. This should not impact programming effort because you are going
    > to start from scratch using .Net classes (smart thing to do nowaday)
    >
    > I would push for fresh/new project and donot even look at the old ASP

    source

    Lau Lei Cheong, Apr 13, 2005