Re: Best book on Python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Adil Hasan, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Adil Hasan

    Adil Hasan Guest

    hello,
    Just my 2 farthings worth...
    Although Python and Tkinter is a good book it was written at the time of
    Python 1.5 (so there may be some transformation that needs to be done
    on some of the examples) you may want to take a look at Python in
    a Nutshell by A. Martelli published by O'Reilly. It has a section on
    Tkinter and many other things that you may find useful.
    ah

    Adil Hasan, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Adil Hasan wrote:
    > hello,
    > Just my 2 farthings worth...
    > Although Python and Tkinter is a good book it was written at the time of
    > Python 1.5 (so there may be some transformation that needs to be done
    > on some of the examples) you may want to take a look at Python in
    > a Nutshell by A. Martelli published by O'Reilly. It has a section on
    > Tkinter and many other things that you may find useful.
    > ah
    >
    > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Rod Haper wrote:
    >

    >>Michael McGarry wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have many years of programming experience and know a little bit of
    >>>Tcl. I am looking for a book to detail on the features including GUI in
    >>>a reference style.

    >>Given that you have some acquaintance with Tcl, if you want a reference
    >>that caters toward GUI programming in Python using Tk, you might find
    >>this book of interest: "Python and Tkinter Programming" by John Grayson.
    >> Manning Publications, 2000, 658p
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rod
    >>--

    Thanks, in terms of GUI programming I am leaning towards Qt, since I can
    use this stuff in C++ as well. There is also a program called Qt
    designer that makes GUI design a drag and drop process.

    Michael
    Michael McGarry, Dec 13, 2004