Re: Best eclipse RCP resources

Discussion in 'Java' started by joao tiago a. m. viegas, May 22, 2011.

  1. Em sexta-feira, 20 de maio de 2011 03h14min40s UTC+1, Lew escreveu:
    > On 05/19/2011 06:25 PM, joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    > > Many thanks for your time, Jeff.

    > You might be interested to discover that the Google Groups interface you used
    > for your Usenet post has some major flaws. Primarily, it separated your
    > response from the conversational thread to which you replied. This has the
    > unfortunate effect of removing all context and comprehensibility from your
    > post. It's really not a constructive or helpful product for Usenet posts.
    >
    > Please do not use that particular Google Groups mode to respond to Usenet
    > posts. Google around for the many other fine newsgroup agents (clients) that
    > are available.
    >
    > --
    > Lew
    > Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Friz.jpg

    OK Lew,
    but you mean that the subject has changed, or that only the quoting has vanished?
    I can insert the quoting as in this message...sorry for the off topic verve...

    joao tiago a. m. viegas, May 22, 2011

  2. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    markspace Guest

    On 5/21/2011 5:57 PM, joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    > OK Lew,
    > but you mean that the subject has changed, or that only the quoting has vanished?
    > I can insert the quoting as in this message...sorry for the off topic verve...

    No, he means your news reader isn't threading messages properly. It's
    something the program you use is supposed to do, not something you did.

    Try using Mozilla Thunderbird:

    <http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/>

    markspace, May 22, 2011

  3. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    Lew Guest

    joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    > Lew escreveu:
    >> oao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    >>> Many thanks for your time, Jeff.

    >> You might be interested to discover that the Google Groups interface you used
    >> for your Usenet post has some major flaws. Primarily, it separated your
    >> response from the conversational thread to which you replied. This has the
    >> unfortunate effect of removing all context and comprehensibility from your
    >> post. It's really not a constructive or helpful product for Usenet posts.
    >>
    >> Please do not use that particular Google Groups mode to respond to Usenet
    >> posts. Google around for the many other fine newsgroup agents (clients) that
    >> are available.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lew
    >> Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    >> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Friz.jpg

    Please do not quote sigs.

    > OK Lew,
    > but you mean that the subject has changed, or that only the quoting has vanished?
    > I can insert the quoting as in this message...sorry for the off topic verve...

    No, I mean precisely what I said. I did not say anything about the subject or
    about quoting.n What I said was that the Google Groups interface you use is
    broken, and that it separated your resonse from the conversational thread.
    You did it again. Please stop doing that. Please do not use that particular
    Google Groups reply mode. Post a different way. What about that is unclear?

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, May 22, 2011
  4. On 22 maio, 06:25, Lew <> wrote:
    > joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:

    > >> You might be interested to discover that the Google Groups interface you used
    > >> for your Usenet post has some major flaws.  Primarily, it separated your
    > >> response from the conversational thread to which you replied.  This has the
    > >> unfortunate effect of removing all context and comprehensibility from your
    > >> post.  It's really not a constructive or helpful product for Usenet posts.

    > >> Please do not use that particular Google Groups mode to respond to Usenet
    > >> posts.  Google around for the many other fine newsgroup agents (clients) that
    > >> are available.

    > >> --
    > >> Lew
    > >> Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    > >>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Friz.jpg

    > Please do not quote sigs.
    >
    > > OK Lew,
    > > but you mean that the subject has changed, or that only the quoting hasvanished?
    > > I can insert the quoting as in this message...sorry for the off topic verve...

    > No, I mean precisely what I said.  I did not say anything about the subject or
    > about quoting.n  What I said was that the Google Groups interface you use is
    > broken, and that it separated your resonse from the conversational thread..
    > You did it again.  Please stop doing that.  Please do not use that particular
    > Google Groups reply mode.  Post a different way.  What about that is unclear?
    >
    > --
    > Lew
    > Honi soit qui mal y pense.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Friz.jpg

    sorry, but what is unclear for me is the "do not use that particular
    Google Groups reply mode".
    I dunno which other modes are there for me to reply. Was that because
    i was using the new Google Groups interface?
    I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,
    i just don't want another software for the newsreader.

    joao tiago a. m. viegas, May 23, 2011
  5. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    Lars Enderin Guest

    2011-05-23 15:16, joao tiago a. m. viegas skrev:

    > sorry, but what is unclear for me is the "do not use that particular
    > Google Groups reply mode".
    > I dunno which other modes are there for me to reply. Was that because
    > i was using the new Google Groups interface?
    > I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,
    > i just don't want another software for the newsreader.

    Why don't you want to use a decent newsreader?
    Yes, the classical GG interface works better. Stay with that!

    Lars Enderin, May 23, 2011
  6. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    Lew Guest

    joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    > sorry, but what is unclear for me is the "do not use that particular
    > Google Groups reply mode".

    It must be clear to you by now, because you're using a different mode now.
    Thank you.

    > I dunno which other modes are there for me to reply. Was that because
    > i [sic] was using the new Google Groups interface?

    Yes. That would be the mode you should not use for Usenet.

    > I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,
    > i [sic] just don't want another software [sic] for the newsreader.

    Usenet is not a Google Group.

    What is your aversion to using good software? What is the problem with using
    a different program?

    At least you aren't using something that breaks the conversation any more.

    --
    Lew
    The first-person singular pronoun in English is spelled "I", not "i". It's

    Lew, May 23, 2011
  7. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    markspace Guest

    On 5/23/2011 6:16 AM, joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:

    > I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,

    Yes! That worked, what ever you did. If you could continue to use it,
    it'll help the rest of us immensely.

    markspace, May 23, 2011
  8. On 23 maio, 16:35, Lew <> wrote:
    > joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    >
    > > sorry, but what is unclear for me is the "do not use that particular
    > > Google Groups reply mode".

    > It must be clear to you by now, because you're using a different mode now..
    > Thank you.
    >
    > > I dunno which other modes are there for me to reply. Was that because
    > > i [sic] was using the new Google Groups interface?

    > Yes.  That would be the mode you should not use for Usenet.
    >
    > > I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,
    > > i [sic] just don't want another software [sic] for the newsreader.

    > Usenet is not a Google Group.
    >
    > What is your aversion to using good software?  What is the problem withusing
    > a different program?
    >
    > At least you aren't using something that breaks the conversation any more..
    >
    > --
    > Lew
    > The first-person singular pronoun in English is spelled "I", not "i". It's
    > only one letter long, so it should be possible to spell it correctly.  This is
    > one of the first lessons in an EFL course, so it should come as no surprise.

    Lew,

    is that really necessary? the "i" thing ???
    what is it all about?
    didn't it compile?

    thanks anyway

    joao tiago a. m. viegas, May 24, 2011
  9. On 23 maio, 18:48, markspace <-@.> wrote:
    > On 5/23/2011 6:16 AM, joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    >
    > > I've turned now to the classical one. Tell me if it's allright now,

    > Yes!  That worked, what ever you did.  If you could continue to use it,
    > it'll help the rest of us immensely.

    OK, i'll keep the classical interface!
    thank you for your help

    joao tiago a. m. viegas, May 24, 2011
  10. joao tiago a. m. viegas

    Lew Guest

    joao tiago a. m. viegas wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> --
    >> Lew
    >> The first-person singular pronoun in English is spelled "I", not "i". It's
    >> only one letter long, so it should be possible to spell it correctly. This is
    >> one of the first lessons in an EFL course, so it should come as no surprise.

    > Lew,
    >
    > is that really necessary? the "i" thing ???
    > what is it all about?
    > didn't it compile?

    Information in the sig, which one normally does not quote, is generally not on
    topic, and frequently of a humorous or satiric nature.

    The sig is the signature area set off by the "dash dash space" line. (The
    final space is missing from Google Groups posts). Newsreaders generally
    display that portion of a post in a special color or font (e.g., gray instead
    of black), and automatically omit the sig in replies (unless it's a Google
    Groups post, in which case the lack of the final "space" defeats the feature).

    It is not necessary to respond to sigs, as they are not generally intended to
    be taken seriously. That said, the point was valid about the word "I", was it
    not? Is it not true information? Isn't that information useful to you?

    But you are right, it is not necessary, which is why it was relegated to the
    sig, the designated area for unnecessary verbiage.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, May 24, 2011