Re: Best Practices - VSS integration with VS.NET, migrating our Classic ASP projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by news.microsoft.com, May 3, 2004.

  1. Your classic ASP pages will be fine in shared directories, VS.NET 2K3 fully
    supports classic asp, you will have no problems using both and switching
    back and forth between the two.

    If I were in that situation I would however use 2 separate projects in a
    single solutions to easily accomodate users that need compatibility with 6c.

    Oh yeah and becareful using VSS 6d w/ your vb5 com object (should you have
    any) it can screw them up.

    HTH

    Nick Harris, MCSD
    "Keith A. Rowe" <> wrote in message
    > We currently have many Classic ASP projects that are stored in VSS 6.0c

    and
    > are maintained with VID 6.0. We have purchased VS.NET 2003 and know we

    need

    news.microsoft.com, May 3, 2004