Re: BEST WAY TO implement shopping basket

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Spencer, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Using Session Variables is the way I've done it before. Using a Database to
    store Cart data is tricky, as you have to have some method of removing Cart
    data that is no longer useful. It also uses more resources. However, the
    Cart data will not be lost. The disadvantage of using Session is, of course,
    that if the Session times out, they lose their Cart data. Cookies pose the
    same basic problem as Sessions. You don't want the Cookie to last any longer
    than the current User Session, so if the Session times out, the Cookie is
    lost.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer