Re: Best way to Reference Shared Assembly?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    the best is to not use the gac, but add the dll to the web site (whats a
    little disk space) and it makes deployment easier.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Chris Mohan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've built an assembly that's going to be deployed to the global assembly

    cache of a few servers and I'm wonder what the best way to reference it is?
    I need to do it so apps written without visual studio.

    > I've deployed the assembly to my local machine's GAC and currently

    reference it in an app's web.config file within the compilation\assemblies
    element.

    > Is it better to add a section name handler for the assemblies

    type/namespace within the machine.config file? If i do this will i still
    have to add a reference within each apps web.config file?

    bruce barker, Jul 14, 2004