Re: Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig numbers/

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by William Ahern, Jul 11, 2003.

    <
    > bloody colonists, can't even speak english proper like wot we does
    > over ere.

    Tom speaks for himself. I make it a point to use "could not", and to point
    out the mistake to everybody that utters the incorrect form while in my
    presence (which is what I was about to do 'till I read this post ;). It's
    definitely one of my pet peeves (also people who smack gum or chew like
    cows).

    OTOH, if one were inclined to chase his tail, you could argue that using
    "could care" is a clever way of exercising the meaning.

    - Bill

    William Ahern, Jul 11, 2003

  2. William Ahern

    Tom St Denis Guest

    William Ahern wrote:
    > Mark McIntyre <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:34:57 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Tom St Denis
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I could care less for your personal motives.

    >>This is one of the most peculiar americanisms. The english version "I
    >>could not care less" makes considerably more sense...

    > <
    >
    >>bloody colonists, can't even speak english proper like wot we does
    >>over ere.

    > Tom speaks for himself. I make it a point to use "could not", and to point
    > out the mistake to everybody that utters the incorrect form while in my
    > presence (which is what I was about to do 'till I read this post ;). It's
    > definitely one of my pet peeves (also people who smack gum or chew like
    > cows).
    >
    > OTOH, if one were inclined to chase his tail, you could argue that using
    > "could care" is a clever way of exercising the meaning.

    It be a typo. Ain't no deepers meaning thans that yo!

    Tom

    Tom St Denis, Jul 11, 2003