Re: Blank Frame problem in IE using DropDownList

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rajesh.V, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Rajesh.V

    Rajesh.V Guest

    I think this is the limitation of the web being slow, two requests are going
    to the web server and it goes for a toss. The workaround should be,
    javascript, detect if the index is changed with the onClick event and
    disable it. This will prevent the user from clicking it again.

    Say combo.Attributes.add("disable", --- js for enable=false goes here).

    The js mentioned the syntax is not correct, u can get it from net anywhere.

    "Rob Gommans" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > We have a problem with a DropDownList control in combination with the IE
    > browser. When you select an item from the DropDownList (which has
    > AutoPostBack set to True and a onSelectedIndexChanged eventhandler) and
    > quickly - before the request has been completely sent - click the
    > DropDownList control again, a blank page will appear. Refreshing the frame
    > will show the page again, but with the initial viewstate. The first item

    in

    Rajesh.V, Oct 22, 2003