Re: bluej help

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steve Horsley, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:27:00 +0100, Devin Panchal wrote:

    > hi,
    > i am have just started a computer science course. i have got bluej, running
    > on my system at home, with the sdk thing. i am very new to this. i was given
    > a trial demo file, to see get familair with teh program. its only got one
    > class, and i have to make it work, etc. but when i got to create a new
    > object it just stops responding. i dont know if its me or the programme.
    > heres a pic of the error
    >
    > any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > devin

    Do you have any TCP/IP stack installed? I could be barking up the wrong
    tree, but I seem to remember the JVM debugger uses TCP/IP to work, so you
    cannot debug without it. Maybe bluej can't cope with not being able to
    create a socket.

    If I'm wrong then I have no other ideas - I've used bluej a lot and never
    seen that.

    If I'm right, perhaps someone can explain how to install TCP/IP on a PC
    without a LAN or modem - I don't know how though I remember seeing a post
    (in this group perhaps) explaining how some time ago.

    Steve

    Steve Horsley, Oct 21, 2003

  2. In article <_SPAM.net>, on Tue, 21 Oct
    2003 20:07:18 +0100, "Steve Horsley" <_SPAM.net>
    wrote:

    | On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:27:00 +0100, Devin Panchal wrote:

    <snip />

    | If I'm right, perhaps someone can explain how to install TCP/IP on a PC
    | without a LAN or modem - I don't know how though I remember seeing a post
    | (in this group perhaps) explaining how some time ago.

    Google for "loopback adapter"

    <davidp />

    --
    David Postill