    Deep C Secrets - Peter van der Linden
    C Unleashed - Richard Heathfield

    , May 11, 2008

    On May 11, 12:48 pm, nembo kid <nembo@kid> wrote:
    > ha scritto:
    >
    > > Deep C Secrets - Peter van der Linden
    > > C Unleashed - Richard Heathfield

    > Order matters?

    Both books serve a different purpose: the first is a fine read
    discussing common pitfalls and issues you might run into when using C
    in practice (why pointers are not arrays, linking, etc) and has some
    nice examples of true historical C accidents. The latter is a pretty
    complete bible discussing a lot of different algorithms implemented
    and C and has some good real-life examples with complete programs.
    Richard Heathfield is a regular poster on c.l.c. as well, probably
    happy to help you out with any questions you might have about the
    book. (If he's not too busy handling spinoza1111's flames)

  4. writes:

    > On May 11, 11:33 am, nembo kid <nembo@kid> wrote:
    >> Which book do you suggest after K&R?
    >> Thanks in advance

    > Deep C Secrets - Peter van der Linden
    > C Unleashed - Richard Heathfield

    C Unleashed is not very good like K&R I think. It is disjoint as it is a
    collection of work from many people. Also it is not printed anymore
    because it was not popular enough.

    Eligiusz Narutowicz, May 11, 2008