Re: Border Frames and Rules

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John Hosking, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. John Hosking

    John Hosking Guest

    Boze wrote:
    > Can someone explain the difference in
    > To a me they all look like they give the same border to the table and cells.
    > Seems like they each must exist for a reason and have a use they're best
    > suited for.

    Funny, I thought all three were invalid. I had to go look them up at
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html#h-11.3.1>, where these
    attributes are listed (though not particularly well explained).

    Yes, box and border appear to be identical, specifying "All four sides"
    around the *outside* of the table. Rules is for the lines *between
    cells* within a table.

    I'll have to play with these a bit to find out what they really do
    (sometimes, in certain browsers, etc.). I'll post back here when I'm an
    expert.

    --
    John
    Don't wait for me