Re: Brainf*ck

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jeff Higgins, Sep 9, 2008.

  1. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Mikie Harrop wrote:
    > Jeff Higgins wrote:
    >> Jon Harrop wrote:
    >>> Anyone know of a Brainf*ck compiler written in Java that uses run-time
    >>> code generation?
    >>>
    >>> I recently implemented compilers in OCaml using LLVM and F# using
    >>> System.Reflection.Emit and I'd like to compare performance...

    >> Will you provide access to your implementations?

    > Sure. The full articles describing the designs and implementations of
    > these
    > programs are available in the OCaml and F#.NET Journals:
    >
    > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?cljp
    > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?cljp

    By registration only?

    > But I am happy to post the source code here. Here is the F# using
    > System.Reflection.Emit and .NET 3.5:
    >

    > Here is the OCaml using LLVM:

    Thank you.

    "Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines
    as we used to know it."

    --- Adolph Bush,
    Jeff Higgins, Sep 9, 2008

  2. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    "Amber Harrop" <> wrote in obscurity
    totalitarianism:...
    > Jeff Higgins wrote:
    >> Jon Harrop wrote:

    >>> Sure. The full articles describing the designs and implementations of
    >>> these
    >>> programs are available in the OCaml and F#.NET Journals:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?cljp
    >>> http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?cljp

    >> By registration only?

    > Yes.
    >
    >>> But I am happy to post the source code here. Here is the F# using
    >>> System.Reflection.Emit and .NET 3.5:
    >>>

    >>> Here is the OCaml using LLVM:

    >> Thank you.

    > No problem. Do you have a Java equivalent?

    No, but still looking.
    Seems to be no shortage of sources shy
    the run-time isolation generation headache.

    "Redefining the role of the United States
    from enablers to keep the peace
    to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers
    is going to be an assignment."

    --- Adolph Bush,
    Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001
    (Thanks to Rachael Contorer.)
    Jeff Higgins, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Sep 9, 2008
  4. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jon Harrop wrote:
    > Jeff Higgins wrote:
    >> Jon Harrop wrote:
    >>> Anyone know of a Brainf*ck compiler written in Java that uses run-time
    >>> code generation?
    >>>
    >>> I recently implemented compilers in OCaml using LLVM and F# using
    >>> System.Reflection.Emit and I'd like to compare performance...

    >> Will you provide access to your implementations?

    > Sure. The full articles describing the designs and implementations of
    > these
    > programs are available in the OCaml and F#.NET Journals:
    >
    > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?cljp
    > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?cljp

    By registration only?

    > But I am happy to post the source code here. Here is the F# using
    > System.Reflection.Emit and .NET 3.5:
    >

    > Here is the OCaml using LLVM:

    Thank you.
    Jeff Higgins, Sep 10, 2008
  5. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    "Jon Harrop" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Higgins wrote:
    >> Jon Harrop wrote:

    >>> Sure. The full articles describing the designs and implementations of
    >>> these
    >>> programs are available in the OCaml and F#.NET Journals:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/?cljp
    >>> http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?cljp

    >> By registration only?

    > Yes.
    >
    >>> But I am happy to post the source code here. Here is the F# using
    >>> System.Reflection.Emit and .NET 3.5:
    >>>

    >>> Here is the OCaml using LLVM:

    >> Thank you.

    > No problem. Do you have a Java equivalent?

    No, but still looking.
    Seems to be no shortage of examples shy
    the run-time code generation requirement.
    Jeff Higgins, Sep 10, 2008