Re: Broken std library in Modelsim XE 6.3c

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by HT-Lab, Nov 20, 2008.

  1. HT-Lab

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Rob Gaddi" <> wrote in message
    >I think I've broken my Modelsim. A couple of days ago
    > things were working fine. Then I let XilinxUpdate bring me up to the
    > latest models, and all of a sudden my directly instantiated components
    > weren't working. I told Modelsim to Refresh all of the libraries from
    > the Library pane, and now when I try to simulate my testbench I'm
    > getting the error:
    >
    > # ** Error: (vsim-3174) Package 'C:\Modeltech_xe_starter\std.standard'
    > # requires a body.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Preferably without
    > having to uninstall/reinstall Modelsim; that's half a day's work I'd
    > rather not put in unless it's essential.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
    > Email address is currently out of order

    Search the ModelSim User's Manual for "Rebuilding Supplied Libraries", this
    will tell you how to run "rbldlibs.do".

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Nov 20, 2008

  2. Rob Gaddi wrote:

    > Any other ideas?

    Read up on vcom -refresh in the modelsim docs.
    Also note that source code that infers rather than
    instances does not have this annoyance.
    Good luck.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 20, 2008

  3. HT-Lab

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Rob Gaddi" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:32:28 -0000
    > "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Rob Gaddi" <> wrote in message
    >> >I think I've broken my Modelsim. A couple of days ago
    >> > things were working fine. Then I let XilinxUpdate bring me up to
    >> > the latest models, and all of a sudden my directly instantiated
    >> > components weren't working. I told Modelsim to Refresh all of the
    >> > libraries from the Library pane, and now when I try to simulate my
    >> > testbench I'm getting the error:
    >> >
    >> > # ** Error: (vsim-3174) Package 'C:\Modeltech_xe_starter
    >> > # \std.standard' requires a body.
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Preferably without
    >> > having to uninstall/reinstall Modelsim; that's half a day's work I'd
    >> > rather not put in unless it's essential.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
    >> > Email address is currently out of order

    >> Search the ModelSim User's Manual for "Rebuilding Supplied
    >> Libraries", this will tell you how to run "rbldlibs.do".
    >>
    >> Hans
    >> www.ht-lab.com
    >>

    > No luck. Neither the user's manual nor the reference manual contains
    > the word "rebuilding" or any reference to "rbldlibs.do". rbldlibs.do
    > is not the name of any file anywhere under the C:
    > \Modeltech_xe_starter directory tree.
    >
    > Any other ideas?

    Hi Rob,

    I guess they removed the rbldlibs.do file and vhdl_src\std directory from
    the OEM version. Unfortunately I can only suggest to re-install Modelsim, it
    shouldn't take half a day though.

    Good luck,

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Nov 21, 2008
  4. Rob Gaddi wrote:

    > Whoever is responsible, by the way, for the fact that Windows takes
    > better than 10 minutes just to populate the program list in the
    > Add/Remove Programs panel, and then just as long to repopulate after
    > each removed program, can't be taken out back and shot enough times.

    One alternative is command line scripts and makefiles.
    (and no one gets hurt ;)

    -- Mike

    Mike Treseler, Nov 21, 2008
  5. HT-Lab

    world_tan

    Joined:
    May 12, 2010
    Messages:
    4

    I wonder what command can be used for this?

    world_tan, May 12, 2010