Re: browse file name path question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by hilz, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. hilz

    hilz Guest

    Hi all.
    i posted the question below on netscape.public.mozilla.general, and haven't
    gotten any answers.
    I appreciate any help from this group.

    TIA.
    hilz.

    hilz, Sep 20, 2004

  2. hilz

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "hilz" <> wrote in news:LZH3d.4522$PZ4.544@trnddc06:

    > Hi all.
    > i posted the question below on netscape.public.mozilla.general, and
    > haven't gotten any answers.
    > I appreciate any help from this group.
    >
    > TIA.
    > hilz.
    >

    > "hilz" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all:
    >>
    >> I have a form where i have a file input element as follows:
    >>
    >> <input type="file" name="filename" size="20">
    >>
    >> in IE, the filename returned is the complete path of the file.
    >> in Mozilla, i only get the filename.ext without the complete path.
    >> what do i need to change in this input to make it compatible with
    >> both IE and Mozilla?

    It already is compatible with both browsers. Providing the full path to a
    document is a weird behavior specific to poorly-constructed browsers. It
    reveals information about the user's system that should not necessarily be
    revealed.
    Sam Hughes, Sep 20, 2004