Re: Browser survey

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Travis Newbury, Jul 2, 2008.

  1. On Jul 2, 5:29 pm, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
    > In this case you clearly implied that the
    > only possible way to avoid seeing those other windows is to maximise
    > your browser.  That isn't true, and you do not have a reasonable
    > expectation that everyone here will refrain from pointing out that
    > it isn't true.

    Not the only way. My preferred way.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 2, 2008

  2. On Jul 3, 4:21 am, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
    > (Replying to Travis Newbury)
    > Who said anything about your desk top?   Scott Bryce clearly
    > implied that the only possible way to avoid seeing those
    > other windows is to maximise his browser.  That isn't true.
    > I don't know how to address your reply to that; it appears
    > to be a non-sequitur.

    How can it not be clear that out of the 300 million+ people surfing
    out there that there might be different likes and dislikes as to how
    content should be presented. You can not say fluid is better, or
    fixed is better, or flash sucks, or flash is great, or anything else
    without putting a website name to your statement.. For YOU something
    may be good but for ME maybe it isn't.

    A flash presentation for google would be a bad thing in my opinion. A
    flash interface for EA Games is probably a good thing. A web designer/
    master/whatever, who closes his eyes to a possible solution does a
    disservice to their client. Each website is unique and should be
    treated that way. Blanket statements like "fluid beats fixed width
    100% of the time" proves only ignorance. (you didn't say that someone
    else in this thread did, and dorayme agreed)

    Travis Newbury, Jul 3, 2008