Re: Buffered RandomAccessFile

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:26:03 -0500, Spud <> wrote,

    >Anyone have any insights on what I should do?

    The simplest solution is to use a small SQL database, e.g. Derby
    bundled with Java, and let the SQL vendor deal with the caching
    problem. As an advantage, you get crash-proofing for your updates.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

    If you feel inclined to write something, have a look at
    http://mindprod.com/project/hermitcrab.html

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    If you tell a computer the same fact in more than one place, unless you have an automated mechanism to ensure they stay in sync, the versions of the fact will eventually get out of sync.

    Roedy Green, Mar 26, 2010

  2. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 26-03-2010 17:02, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:26:03 -0500, Spud<> wrote,
    >> Anyone have any insights on what I should do?

    > The simplest solution is to use a small SQL database, e.g. Derby
    > bundled with Java, and let the SQL vendor deal with the caching
    > problem. As an advantage, you get crash-proofing for your updates.

    It could be a good solution, but some databases especially
    in the low end are not that good at handling BLOB's.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 26, 2010