Re: buggy?

Discussion in 'C++' started by michael.j.smith@gmail.com, May 14, 2012.

1. Guest

It is difficult to say anything about bugs as the code is clearly incomplete and would not compile.

class Play does not have a constructor, so we don't know what it does with the CXMLElement * pointer.

The method play_list.add_item() passes its parameter by value, i.e. makes a copy. That might be OK, but at first glance it looks suspicious.

Post some code that compiles, if possible. Also, tell us why do you think it might be buggy? Are you seeing particular problems, or are you just asking for a code review?

, May 14, 2012
    1. Advertising

2. bob Guest

On Monday, May 14, 2012 3:09:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > It is difficult to say anything about bugs as the code is clearly incomplete and would not compile.
    >
    > class Play does not have a constructor, so we don't know what it does with the CXMLElement * pointer.
    >
    > The method play_list.add_item() passes its parameter by value, i.e. makes a copy. That might be OK, but at first glance it looks suspicious.
    >
    > Post some code that compiles, if possible. Also, tell us why do you think it might be buggy? Are you seeing particular problems, or are you just asking for a code review?

I've thought about it, and I think the code is okay. I think the bugs were hiding elsewhere.

Thanks.

bob, May 14, 2012
    1. Advertising