Re: Building importable _tkinter on Windows (solved)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Mar 10, 2013.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 3/9/2013 7:41 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > If you have tried to build _tkinter on Windows from the cpython
    > repository, and have 'import tkinter' work, please share your
    > experience, successful or not. I and another person have both failed.
    > [snip]

    Solution from Merlijn van Deen on core-mentorship list:
    Let x be the directory containing both the repository directories, such
    as 'cpython' and the external dependency directories created by
    external.bat. Copy
    x/tcl-8.5.11.0/win/Debug_VC10/tcl85g.dll
    x/tk-8.5.11.0/win/Debug_VC10/tk85g.dll
    x/cpython/PCbuild

    Now, 'import tkinter', and hence idle, seem to work.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Mar 10, 2013