Re: C# Equivalent of VB.Net Code -- One line of code, simple

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ian, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    All other suggestions aside, what you need is a .NET stub for the
    JMail dll. In VS.NET you would need a copy of the dll and then import
    it as a reference and VS.NET will handle the rest. Using raw
    framework I believe the tool you would need to use is "tlbimp.exe".
    Then once you had a stub dll, you would put that in the bin directory
    and (presuming that the stub was imported into the namespace "JMail")
    you would simply do the following:

    using JMail;
    JMail.SMTPMail mailSender = new JMail();

    I guess the key question is, can you download or will you host provide
    you with a copy of the JMail DLL, or will they provide you with a .NET
    stub... I'm sure if thats their recommended mailing method and they
    support .NET that they'll have this stub in their GAC, but that sure
    makes your local development/debugging a pain in the ass.

    HTH,
    Ian

    Ian, Jun 25, 2003