Re: C Programer

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Minti, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Minti

    Minti Guest

    Harsimran wrote:
    > I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    > also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    > getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in

    > by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    How exactly do you want us to help us? If you want to code for money
    and money alone, drop the idea of being a _good_ programmer EVER.
    Pocket money, is something I get from my dad, maybe you must also.

    If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things

    1) Stop thinking about money and money alone.
    2) Pick up the bible.
    3) Start posting on c.l.c
    4) Drink 2 cups of coffee everyday. Atleast.
    --
    Imanpreet Singh Arora
    isingh AT acm DOT org
    Minti, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Minti wrote:
    > Harsimran wrote:
    >
    >>I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    >>also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    >>getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in

    >>by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    > How exactly do you want us to help us? If you want to code for money
    > and money alone, drop the idea of being a _good_ programmer EVER.
    > Pocket money, is something I get from my dad, maybe you must also.
    >
    > If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    >
    > 1) Stop thinking about money and money alone.
    > 2) Pick up the bible.

    How does this enhance his knowledge of the C language?
    I can understand that, as any book, it can improve your vocabulary
    which, I guess, could also improve ones cognitive abilities, which
    may lead to an easier time using the C language.

    > 3) Start posting on c.l.c
    > 4) Drink 2 cups of coffee everyday. Atleast.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:
    Thomas Matthews, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Minti

    jim green Guest

    Thomas Matthews <> writes:

    > > If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    > > 1) Stop thinking about money and money alone
    > > 2) Pick up the bible.

    > How does this enhance his knowledge of the C language?
    > I can understand that, as any book, it can improve your vocabulary
    > which, I guess, could also improve ones cognitive abilities, which
    > may lead to an easier time using the C language.

    Possibly 2) is a reference to K&R

    ;-)

    -j
    jim green, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Minti

    -berlin.de Guest

    Thomas Matthews <> wrote:
    > Minti wrote:
    >> If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    >>
    >> 1) Stop thinking about money and money alone.
    >> 2) Pick up the bible.

    > How does this enhance his knowledge of the C language?
    > I can understand that, as any book, it can improve your vocabulary
    > which, I guess, could also improve ones cognitive abilities, which
    > may lead to an easier time using the C language.

    He was probably meaning K&R2, the new testament (in contrast to the
    old testament, K&R). Or perhaps the C standard?

    Regards,, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ -berlin.de
    -berlin.de, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Minti wrote on 05/08/04 :

    > If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    >
    > 1) Stop thinking about money and money alone.

    Ok?

    > 2) Pick up the bible.

    Why ?

    > 3) Start posting on c.l.c

    Ok.

    > 4) Drink 2 cups of coffee everyday. Atleast.

    No. Drink tea (but not after 6:00 PM)

    --
    Emmanuel

    "C is a sharp tool"
    Emmanuel Delahaye, Aug 7, 2004
  6. Minti

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Emmanuel Delahaye <> writes:

    > Minti wrote on 05/08/04 :
    >
    >> If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    >> 2) Pick up the bible.

    > Why ?

    Presumably bible==K&R2.
    Ben Pfaff, Aug 8, 2004
  7. Minti

    Old Wolf Guest

    Ben Pfaff <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Emmanuel Delahaye <> writes:
    >
    > > Minti wrote on 05/08/04 :
    > >
    > >> If you want to enhance your knowledge of C then do 4 things
    > >> 2) Pick up the bible.

    > > Why ?

    > Presumably bible==K&R2.

    That should be: bible==(K&R2) ;)