Re: C11 Rationale

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Shao Miller, Jan 30, 2013.

  1. Shao Miller

    Shao Miller Guest

    On 1/30/2013 05:46, Russell Shaw wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is there a C11 Rationale document like the C99 Rationale document?
    >
    > I was looking for clarification on the threading additions.

    Not yet, no.

    --
    - Shao Miller

    Cheerily," -- Richard Harter

    Shao Miller, Jan 30, 2013

  2. Shao Miller <> writes:
    > On 1/30/2013 05:46, Russell Shaw wrote:
    >> Is there a C11 Rationale document like the C99 Rationale document?
    >>
    >> I was looking for clarification on the threading additions.

    > Not yet, no.

    The publication date on the C99 Rationale

    http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf

    is April 2003. I don't know what the schedule is for the C11 rationale,
    or even if there is one, but I'm not at all surprised that it's not yet
    available.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 30, 2013