Re: C99 is not a failure

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Antoninus Twink, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. On 27 Jan 2010 at 16:45, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > jacob navia <> writes:
    >> Great, so you joke very often, what a great joke ...

    > It was a joke. You didn't get it. I explained it to you. I'm sure
    > it's embarrassing for you, but don't worry about it; just move on.

    No one got this "joke" apart from you, Keith.

    The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.

    >> You are a joke Thompson.

    Indeed.
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 27, 2010

  2. On 27 Jan, 19:58, Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    > On 27 Jan 2010 at 16:45, Keith Thompson wrote:
    >
    > > jacob navia <> writes:
    > >> Great, so you joke very often, what a great joke ...

    > > It was a joke.  You didn't get it.  I explained it to you.  I'm sure
    > > it's embarrassing for you, but don't worry about it; just move on.

    > No one got this "joke" apart from you, Keith.
    >
    > The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.
    >
    > >> You are a joke Thompson.

    > Indeed.

    have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
    bitter.
    Nick Keighley, Jan 28, 2010

  3. On 28 Jan 2010 at 9:39, Nick Keighley wrote:
    > On 27 Jan, 19:58, Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    >> The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.

    > have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
    > bitter.

    You may be right, Nick. Sometimes the bullshit of this group, and the
    swaggering arrogance of Heathfield and Thomson just grinds you down.

    I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
    TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
    liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
    about their lies.
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 29, 2010
  4. Antoninus Twink

    jacob navia Guest

    Tim Streater a écrit :
    > On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:
    >
    >> I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
    >> TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
    >> liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
    >> about their lies.

    > What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

    Weapons of mass destruction anyone?

    Where are they?

    Wasn't that the reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

    You weren't there when that war started?
    jacob navia, Jan 29, 2010
  5. Tim Streater <> writes:
    > On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:

    [nonsense snipped]

    > What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

    [snip]

    Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    irrelevant political topics here?

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Jan 29, 2010
  6. Antoninus Twink

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-01-29, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    > irrelevant political topics here?

    <satire>I think discussions of the political systems which determine
    what economic forces apply to decisions as to what programs to write in
    C are entirely relevant.</satire>

    -s
    Seebs, Jan 29, 2010
  7. On 29 Jan 2010 at 20:14, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    > irrelevant political topics here?

    You are always very coy about revealing your political affiliations,
    Keith.

    Are you a secret hippie, or an ultra-conservative wacko like your friend
    Heathfield?
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 29, 2010
  8. Antoninus Twink

    Eric Sosman Guest

    [OT] Re: C99 is not a failure

    On 1/29/2010 3:14 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Tim Streater<> writes:
    >> On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:

    > [nonsense snipped]
    >>
    >> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

    > [snip]
    >
    > Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    > irrelevant political topics here?

    Most especially, discussions fomented by people who are
    obviously ignorant of those very topics? People, for example,
    who cannot identify the Prime Minister of Great Britain?

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid
    Eric Sosman, Jan 29, 2010
  9. On 29 Jan 2010 at 23:05, Tim Streater wrote:
    > On 29/01/2010 19:26, jacob navia wrote:
    >> Tim Streater a écrit :
    >>> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

    >> Weapons of mass destruction anyone? Where are they? Wasn't that the
    >> reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

    > Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed.

    As I see it, there are two lies of monumental significance that Blair
    has refused to back down from.

    1. He knew that there were no WMD, but he fabricated a dossier to claim
    that there were. A lie.

    2. He told the Parliament of Great Britain that he had not made an
    agreement with Bush that they would go to war whatever the
    circumstances. He claimed right till the end that he wanted a diplomatic
    solution. In fact he HAD made such an agreement and he had no interest
    in diplomacy. A lie.

    Say what you like about Dubya, at least he didn't screw around: he said
    straight out that he wanted a war and that his *primary* goal was regime
    change, not WMD. On both of those points, Blair agreed privately with
    Bush, but lied in public to the people of his country and to the world
    at large.

    Heathfield shows the same rat-like dishonesty.
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 29, 2010
  10. Antoninus Twink

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Antoninus Twink wrote:
    > On 29 Jan 2010 at 23:05, Tim Streater wrote:
    >>> Weapons of mass destruction anyone? Where are they? Wasn't that the
    >>> reason for the war as announced by blair/bush???

    >> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed.

    > As I see it, there are two lies of monumental significance that Blair
    > has refused to back down from.
    >
    > 1. He knew that there were no WMD, but he fabricated a dossier to claim
    > that there were. A lie.

    Now I have a very big problem:
    what did The Saddam regime use to gas the Kourds with?
    What did Ali Cyancali use to gas them?
    According to you they never had the means, and they did not do it???
    Explain please.....
    Sjouke Burry, Jan 29, 2010
  11. Re: [OT] Re: C99 is not a failure

    Eric Sosman <> writes:
    > On 1/29/2010 3:14 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> Tim Streater<> writes:
    >>> On 29/01/2010 19:13, Antoninus Twink wrote:

    >> [nonsense snipped]
    >>>
    >>> What lies do you think Blair has uttered?

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    >> irrelevant political topics here?

    > Most especially, discussions fomented by people who are
    > obviously ignorant of those very topics? People, for example,
    > who cannot identify the Prime Minister of Great Britain?

    Eric, I'm afraid there's an inaccuracy in your followup. In my
    attempt to cut off this thread, I'll only mention that without further
    elaboration.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Jan 29, 2010
  12. Christopher Bazley <> writes:
    [...]
    > This is way off topic, but

    [...]

    So please take it somewhere else and stop feeding the troll.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Jan 30, 2010
  13. In message <4b6371ba$0$14130$>
    Sjouke Burry <> wrote:

    > Antoninus Twink wrote:
    >>> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Yes, indeed.

    >> As I see it, there are two lies of monumental significance that Blair
    >> has refused to back down from.
    >>
    >> 1. He knew that there were no WMD, but he fabricated a dossier to claim
    >> that there were. A lie.

    > Now I have a very big problem:
    > what did The Saddam regime use to gas the Kourds with?
    > What did Ali Cyancali use to gas them?
    > According to you they never had the means, and they did not do it???
    > Explain please.....

    This is way off topic, but some people would describe those munitions
    as battlefield weapons rather than weapons of mass destruction. (In
    the first world war nobody called poison gas 'WMD'.)

    Also, the fact the Baath regime had chemical weapons in the past
    doesn't necessarily mean that they had them immediately before the
    second gulf war.

    --
    Chris Bazley
    Star Fighter 3000: http://starfighter.acornarcade.com/
    Christopher Bazley, Jan 30, 2010
  14. In message <>
    Antoninus Twink <> wrote:

    > On 28 Jan 2010 at 9:39, Nick Keighley wrote:
    >> On 27 Jan, 19:58, Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    >>> The rest of us just saw a stupid piece of dishonesty from a serial liar.

    >> have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
    >> bitter.

    > You may be right, Nick. Sometimes the bullshit of this group, and the
    > swaggering arrogance of Heathfield and Thomson just grinds you down.

    > I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
    > TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
    > liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
    > about their lies.

    As a Briton, I find that generalisation offensive. But presumably it
    was supposed to be.

    Christopher Bazley, Jan 30, 2010
  15. Re: [OT] Re: C99 is not a failure

    Keith Thompson <> writes:

    > Eric Sosman <> writes:
    >>> [nonsense snipped]

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Can we *please* not have discussions of controversial and utterly
    >>> irrelevant political topics here?

    >> Most especially, discussions fomented by people who are
    >> obviously ignorant of those very topics? People, for example,
    >> who cannot identify the Prime Minister of Great Britain?

    > Eric, I'm afraid there's an inaccuracy in your followup. In my
    > attempt to cut off this thread, I'll only mention that without further
    > elaboration.

    Trying to cut off an off-topic thread by contributing to it would seem
    to be a doomed tactic; especially when the contribution is mysterious.
    I can't see the the inaccuracy to which you refer and that piqued my
    curiosity. You are welcome to reply by email, it you want to try
    cutting off the thread by not contributing to it further.

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Jan 30, 2010
  16. (Richard Harter) writes:
    > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:15:49 -0800, Keith Thompson
    > <> wrote:
    >>Christopher Bazley <> writes:
    >>[...]
    >>> This is way off topic, but

    >>[...]
    >>
    >>So please take it somewhere else and stop feeding the troll.

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > The marked phrase is the point at which your post no longer was a
    > civil request and instead became a bit of name calling that made
    > a mockery of your "please".

    The "please" was addressed to Christopher Bazley. The word "troll"
    was directed at "Antoninus Twink". If you have a problem with me
    referring to "Antoninus Twink" as a troll, I'll be glad to discuss
    it with you in e-mail.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Jan 30, 2010
  17. Antoninus Twink

    Nick Guest

    Christopher Bazley <> writes:

    > In message <>
    > Antoninus Twink <> wrote:

    >>> have you considered taking a break? you seem to be getting quite
    >>> bitter.

    >> You may be right, Nick. Sometimes the bullshit of this group, and the
    >> swaggering arrogance of Heathfield and Thomson just grinds you down.

    >> I thought of Heathfield just now while watching Prime Minister Blair on
    >> TV. Is it something about the British that makes them such bare-faced
    >> liars? I like to think that dishonest Americans at least feel some shame
    >> about their lies.

    > As a Briton, I find that generalisation offensive. But presumably it
    > was supposed to be.

    I didn't, because I didn't read it, because I've killfiled the troll.
    Quoting him doing his usual crap is bad enough. Quoting him spewing
    racist garbage is worse. Please, just ignore the idiot.
    Nick, Jan 30, 2010
  18. On 29 Jan 2010 at 23:39, Sjouke Burry wrote:
    > what did The Saddam regime use to gas the Kourds with?
    > What did Ali Cyancali use to gas them?
    > According to you they never had the means, and they did not do it???

    No. They had the means in the 80s and early 90s.

    Those means were destroyed after the first gulf war.

    They no longer had the means in the runup to the second gulf war.

    Hans Blix confirmed it, everybody knew it.
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 30, 2010
  19. On 30 Jan 2010 at 2:14, Keith Thompson wrote:
    > If you have a problem with me referring to "Antoninus Twink" as a
    > troll, I'll be glad to discuss it with you in e-mail.

    If you have something to say about me, why not say it openly to my face
    instead of sneaking behind everyone's back?
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 30, 2010
  20. Re: [OT] Re: C99 is not a failure

    On 30 Jan 2010 at 0:42, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
    > You are welcome to reply by email, it you want to try cutting off the
    > thread by not contributing to it further.

    If he does email you, it would be good if you could post the reply here
    to explain the mystery to those of us who aren't in Kiki's inner circle.
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 30, 2010