Re: c99 on Microsoft Visual Studio

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by BRG, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. BRG

    BRG Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to know the current support status of c99 on Microsoft Visual
    > Studio. Anyone know whether Microsoft has any plan to support c99 on
    > Visual Studio?

    The current version of the Microsoft compiler (v7.1) does not support
    many C99 features. As far as I can tell this won't change in v8 (it has
    not changed in the v8 beta).

    On the other hand the Intel v8 compiler, which can be fully integrated
    into Visual Studio, does support many C99 features using the /Qc99 option:

    Restricted pointers
    Variable-length Arrays
    Flexible array members
    Complex number support (_Complex keyword)
    Hexadecimal floating-point constants
    Compound literals
    Designated initializers
    Mixed declarations and code
    Macros with a variable number of arguments
    Inline functions (use inline keyword)
    Boolean type (_Bool keyword)

    These C99 features are NOT supported:

    #pragma STDC FP_CONTRACT