RE: Call for signatories for J2

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Brewer, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Anthony Baxter wrote:
    > Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
    > and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
    > So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
    > for/against messages now.

    I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

    Now, I'm *really* gone.

    Robert Brewer
    MIS
    Amor Ministries

    Robert Brewer, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Robert Brewer

    Arthur Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:30:32 -0700, "Robert Brewer"
    <> wrote:

    >Anthony Baxter wrote:
    >> Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
    >> and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
    >> So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
    >> for/against messages now.

    >I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

    Against.

    With some commitment.

    I have not read the J2 psper, but think it might in essence be covered
    as a potential (good faith) counter-argument to it:

    That a certain sense of Python aesthetics asks for this functionality
    to be stripped of any aesthetic pretense.

    A little aside to the compiler

    Whereas 'using: staticmethod' might say something, 'using:
    MyTransform' says only that, and Python should not provide cover to
    this kind of non-expressiveness.

    We are looking to save some typing. Let's save typing.

    @

    With that I consider that Python has maintained a sense of
    forthrightness, that will probably not allow me to escape my
    begrudging infatuation with it.

    With J2 ... well my adjustment period will be extended a bit..

    Art

    Arthur, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Robert Brewer

    JanC Guest

    Robert Brewer schreef:

    > Anthony Baxter wrote:
    >> Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
    >> and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
    >> So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
    >> for/against messages now.

    > I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

    FOR

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Aug 28, 2004